The Standard Family

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

The Standard Family

Postby Nancy Delia » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:45 pm

has anybody seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qcJ3nj6y7I

https://www.thepastafoundation.org

does anybody know anything about the pasta foundation?
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Great souls suffer in silence. ~Friedrich Schiller

enoodle
Conchigliette Convert

Re: The Standard Family

Postby enoodle » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:47 pm

Nope. Being an apprentice webmaster, I like their site, but wonder if they have any association with the Pastafarian crowd, or if they've just found a good way to get email addresses. And the writer in me isn't impressed with their too-short blog posts, but maybe they have good intentions. For an annual membership of $20, I wonder what you get aside from a sticker?

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Re: The Standard Family

Postby Nancy Delia » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:12 pm

enoodle wrote:Nope. Being an apprentice webmaster, I like their site, but wonder if they have any association with the Pastafarian crowd, or if they've just found a good way to get email addresses. And the writer in me isn't impressed with their too-short blog posts, but maybe they have good intentions. For an annual membership of $20, I wonder what you get aside from a sticker?

it is a for profit company from what i can tell. they are exploiting the pastafarians in order to get rich. they are headquartered in asheville, north carolina.
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Great souls suffer in silence. ~Friedrich Schiller

Return to “The Cause”