Spread The Word (Legally)

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Spread The Word (Legally)

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:41 am

I realize that the prophet, Bobby Henderson, wanted no one to sell T-shirts or the like for profit. However, he never covered non-profit. Consider:
I am willing, and want to, create a sort of 'business' (simply to give it a name) that will obtain no profit. Our business would be (cheaply, since we have no profit margins) selling bound versions of The Loose Canon. The selling price would be exactly that of the costs of shipping required by Amazon or whatever other service we (I intend to attempt convincing a friend to help) use, plus the cost of manufacturing. We unfortunately don't have the money to sell them for nothing, but if we could we would. The business details I will keep to myself, partly because I still don't have half of them, and partly because I don't have the other half either. Is this legal, and if not, would I be able to get permission to do this from the writers of The Loose Canon?

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Re: Spread The Word (Legally)

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:44 pm

Geee i dunt noe butt...

oi meen arsk airwick rrrr
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:23 am

No, no and no...

Manatee Singles
http://www.hotdugong.com

Is it June 2017 yet?

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:53 am

:bummer:
What was the third no for? No need to overdo it . . .
And please, with a cherry on top? This cherry ---> :blush: Hurry up, can't you see how pale it is!? Say yes before it's too late! Can I can I can I can I can I can I can I can I can I can I can I can I can I can I can I can I pleeeeeeeaaassse? :worship: ---> DaveL & :fsm:

Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini

Postby Cardinal Fang » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:24 pm

I'll add a No as well.

The Loose Cannon was compiled by The Council of the Olive Garden based on writings submitted by Pastafarians under the divine influence of our Noodly Master. It always was meant to be, and remains, free of charge to everyone, hence why it is available freely on teh interwebz.

If you wish to use the Loose Cannon to spread the word of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Pasta Be Upon Him), then you can do that by pointing people to the the Loose Cannon's website at http://www.loose-canon.info

And that's it.

That means no publishing the Loose Cannon.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Tell me it's not happening again.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:05 pm

ET, to ease your mind: It isn't happening again. Believe me, I saw that post.
Alright, I understand why and all. And I HAVE done a little looking on this, no one else has done this, though one guy tried to get permission to do it. He failed, mostly on the grounds that he was doing it purely for profit. Just wanted to make sure it isn't allowed in any way, shape, or form. I am painfully aware that Auntie Dee Dee (MHSFHB, May His Spices Flavour Her Bones) is . . . how do we put it without scaring Nef Yoo Blackbeard . . . in no fit condition (read :drunk: ) to grant me or anyone else the right to use her writings in any way. Other than with explicit permission from the authors, which is beyond anyone's reach now, no copying nor sale of the full Loose Canon can be induced.
Although I am about 98% sure on this next point, and there are really no consequences of breaking the law in this case, I ask purely out of curiosity. I can still print and bind a copy for myself, right? And if so, can I do it for friends too (and yes/no to charging them for the cost of binding the books)? I say that there are no consequences because none of the authors are ever going to bother to tell me what I did was illegal. And if they were to do so, what are they gonna do, ask me to destroy the copies I already made? They certainly aren't going to bother with court. Again, I ask purely out of curiosity, and also out of respect to the authors.

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:52 pm

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:Although I am about 98% sure on this next point, and there are really no consequences of breaking the law in this case, I ask purely out of curiosity. I can still print and bind a copy for myself, right?

Yes

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:And if so, can I do it for friends too (and no to charging them for the cost of binding the books)?

Yes

As to charging friends for books? I have no interest, investment or affiliation with the Loose Cannon. However, that smacks of selling it. If you want to print and bind half a dozen copies as gifts for friends I don't think anyone would have an issue with it.

Charging people for it is the issue. No matter how much time and effort you put in to making it look and feel wonderful, it's still other people's work. I doubt your friends would pay for an equally well bound and presented set of blank pages. Cheaper just to buy bog roll.
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

I liked his explanation about what brought him to chemistry as much as the video itself - pieces o'nine

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:16 pm

Thank you all for your guidance! Much appreciated, and I'll make sure to not get sued. Again :blush: . I'm probably going to go ahead and gift them then, maybe for a birthday or something.

buttlicking22

Postby buttlicking22 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:17 pm

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:I realize that the prophet, Bobby Henderson, wanted no one to sell T-shirts or the like for profit. However, he never covered non-profit. Consider:
I am willing, and want to, create a sort of 'business' (simply to give it a name) that will obtain no profit. Our business would be (cheaply, since we have no profit margins) selling bound versions of The Loose Canon. The selling price would be exactly that of the costs of shipping required by Amazon or whatever other service we (I intend to attempt convincing a friend to help) use, plus the cost of manufacturing. We unfortunately don't have the money to sell them for nothing, but if we could we would. The business details I will keep to myself, partly because I still don't have half of them, and partly because I don't have the other half either. Is this legal, and if not, would I be able to get permission to do this from the writers of The Loose Canon?

Eric Whitfield has already done that twice and plans to do it again in June 2017. You shouldn't do it without contact Eric Whitfield first.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:22 pm

buttlicking22 wrote:...................

Eric Whitfield has already done that twice and plans to do it again in June 2017. You shouldn't do it without contact Eric Whitfield first.

Yoo juss wun ov dem arghvangelist weirdos Errik - dats yyy yoo need a hard coppy ov tha gude buuk .

buttlicking22

Postby buttlicking22 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:
buttlicking22 wrote:...................

Yoo juss wun ov dem arghvangelist weirdos Errik - dats yyy yoo need a hard coppy ov tha gude buuk .

Gav sub liba nosh koodic missy tang lucka joko. Wis eder simpin ju chu siki sic go doe. Lik wiver sop cuhop son.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:33 pm

buttlicking22 wrote:.....................

Gav sub liba nosh koodic missy tang lucka joko. Wis eder simpin ju chu siki sic go doe. Lik wiver sop cuhop son.

Dats juss illegabull gibberish Errik .

buttlicking22

Postby buttlicking22 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:36 pm

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:
buttlicking22 wrote:.....................

Dats juss illegabull gibberish Errik .

Keese wuh pegle lok simmy.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:45 pm

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:........................

......and that folks appears to be the exact truth .

Return to “The Cause”