"Religion" of Hate

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

purplegoddess
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby purplegoddess » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:21 pm

I didn't ask, STJ did, on Sun Jul 01, 2007, when you last came 'round these here parts.

And, as far as I am aware, you have yet to answer.

Given you seem to be on a crusade on behalf of "your" religion, I am simply asking that you validate yourself as a member of the sect to which you have aligned yourself.

and

Or is this "still haven't" just a function of your atheist associate arrogance that assumes I am to seek your validation?

Answered above, and 'lij, you just don't read good do ya??

I.

AM.

NOT.

AN.

ATHEIST.
Give us this day our daily taste. Restore to us soups that spoons will not sink in and sauces which are never the same twice. Raise up among us stews with more gravy than we have bread to blot it with Give us pasta with a hundred fillings.

Robert Farrar Capon

purplegoddess

Postby purplegoddess » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:31 pm

Or course someone who thought a photo of hair could ascertain whether someone was Rastafarian or not would likely not know what constituted such a "proof" to begin with.

nice edit, 'lij.

You're right, it wouldn't. But it would go a loooong way to prove you're not some pimply, white, volcanically-hormonal teenaged boy with a laptop, dear old dad paying for your unlimited internet access, too much time on their hands, and not enough lube.

Care to gimme some Rasta "theology".. I mean stuff that you just haven't cut and pasted from Wikki?? (I will check, you know. I am a Mum of 5 teenagers, I KNOW how to check homework ;)
Give us this day our daily taste. Restore to us soups that spoons will not sink in and sauces which are never the same twice. Raise up among us stews with more gravy than we have bread to blot it with Give us pasta with a hundred fillings.

Robert Farrar Capon

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:39 pm

purplegoddess wrote:
Or course someone who thought a photo of hair could ascertain whether someone was Rastafarian or not would likely not know what constituted such a "proof" to begin with.

nice edit, 'lij.

You're right, it wouldn't. But it would go a loooong way to prove you're not some pimply, white, volcanically-hormonal teenaged boy with a laptop, dear old dad paying for your unlimited internet access, too much time on their hands, and not enough lube.

Care to gimme some Rasta "theology".. I mean stuff that you just haven't cut and pasted from Wikki?? (I will check, you know. I am a Mum of 5 teenagers, I KNOW how to check homework ;)

Excuse my devil's advocation, but what difference does it make if he really is a Rastafarian or not?
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby elijah » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:43 pm

Oh, yeah? Prove it.

"The "correct" name of the religion is "Flying Spaghetti Monsterism." Pastafarianism is simply a term adopted by some adherents due to its convenient spelling - "Rasta"... "Pasta... ~High Priestess Primavera Isara"
http://tribes.tribe.net/cfsm/thread/bd0 ... 0cfd90476e
The pun has nothing to do with you. It's just a word we made up because it sorta almost sounds like the name of a similar religion.

"A pun is a phrase that deliberately exploits confusion between similar-sounding words"
As the definition says the term pastafarian is in a sense deliberately exploiting Rastafarians, Moreover there is nothing similar about the "religions". While "sounding similar" is more than "nothing". The term Pastafarianism was created from Rastafarianism and thus attributes meaning without further intention.
purplegoddess wrote:'lij, you just don't read good do ya??

I would concern for yourself since I calling you an atheist associate which is undeniably given your presence as venganza.
purplegoddess wrote: I am simply asking that you validate yourself as a member of the sect to which you have aligned yourself.
Seeing as it has no direct relation to justifying the use of the word Pastafarian I will decline.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:47 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beating_a_dead_horse

"The "correct" name of the religion is "Flying Spaghetti Monsterism." Pastafarianism is simply a term adopted by some adherents due to its convenient spelling - "Rasta"... "Pasta... ~High Priestess Primavera Isara"
http://tribes.tribe.net/cfsm/thread/bd0 ... 0cfd90476e

I've never heard of her, and you're taking us far too seriously.
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PantyGnawer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:48 pm

The funny thing here is that the term Rastafarian is actually considered to be a derrogatory term to many Rastafarians!

Not to mention the fact that the word was created from Haile Selassie's original name. You guys stole the word first! We just parodied it.

Look dude, it just so happens that your religion was the only one that Bobby could think of that rhymed with PASTA!

If Bobby had created a flying potato religion we would all probably call ourselves Spudhists..... or Tuberversal Unitarians.

Here are some other made up religions that might offend you:

Shastafarians: Worshippers of bad diet soda.

Plastafarians: Worshippers of plastic.

Fastafarians: Worshippers of not eating.

Grasstafarians: Worshippers of grass (oh wait thats you guys anyway)

elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby elijah » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Here is the urban dictionary's most antecedant definition of pastafarian

3. pastafarian
a white boy or girl who sports dreadlocks
There were plenty of pastafarians at the reggae festival.
by billzebub Jul 7, 2005

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... astafarian

PantyGnawer wrote:The funny thing here is that the term Rastafarian is actually considered to be a derrogatory term to many Rastafarians!
How much more so pastafarian then! This is not funny.
You guys stole the word first!

I make no claim to it beyond dealing with babylonians such as yourself.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:05 pm

...You're citing UrbanDictionary as a source?

Notice that it is the last definition, not the top one.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby elijah » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:06 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:...You're citing UrbanDictionary as a source?

Given the topic its more that valid.
Notice that it is the last definition, not the top one.

Goliath always did have the numbers. Just not the roots.

PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PantyGnawer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:13 pm

elijah wrote:
You guys stole the word first!

I make no claim to it beyond dealing with babylonians such as yourself.

You make no claim? Seriously? You are trying to protect the hurt feelings of an entire religion based on one word, yet you make no claim to it? I think you are making a hell of a claim to it.

Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Elvalia » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:31 pm

elijah wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:...You're citing UrbanDictionary as a source?

Given the topic its more that valid.

Urban Dictionary is never valid when one is trying to make an argument that's expected to be taken seriously.

Cite the last definition from a playful online dictionary, and you cannot expect your argument to carry any weight at all.
elijah wrote:
PantyGnawer wrote:The funny thing here is that the term Rastafarian is actually considered to be a derrogatory term to many Rastafarians!
How much more so pastafarian then! This is not funny.

You just made this very funny. Real sources are necessary, and more reliable ones than self-proclaimed priestesses.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:

elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby elijah » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:56 pm

PantyGnawer wrote:You make no claim?

I make no claim to the word Rastafarian beyond dealing with duppies like I said.
You are trying to protect the hurt feelings of an entire religion based on one word, yet you make no claim to it?
Hurt Feelings ROTFLMAO! See this is what I mean about atheistic arrogance. Rastafari know imitation the highest flattery but thats not the point!
Elvalia wrote:Urban Dictionary is never valid when one is trying to make an argument that's expected to be taken seriously.
Nothing is valid to people with religious like zeal for the defense of their inequity.
and you cannot expect your argument to carry any weight at all.
Expectations are the domain of uncertainty.
Real sources are necessary, and more reliable ones than self-proclaimed priestesses.

There is nothing more "self proclaimed" about Isara than the rest of you lot. One real source and example of the terms abuse as I have mentioned is Tribe.net, and one real victim, Myself. Not to mention the antecedence of the definition in the urban dictionary which only helps carry what is only a logical conclusion that the term pastafarian has existed amongst and in reference to Rastafarians long before the FSM. As I've said, clearly the conscience of people who engage in such self destructive behavior as the denial of the creator of the universe are hardly effected by the injustice they inflict on some "lowly Rastafarians" but I will make known the true evil of their pretense to justice for posterity.

Dan (dat haole dude)
Stripmeister

Postby Dan (dat haole dude) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:26 pm

Aloha, elijah..nice to have ya back..your persistence is endearing..ya musta been all killah/no fillah when you were a Rudie..
'Oli no au i na pono FSM e
E hau'oli na 'opio o FSM nei
'Oli e! 'Oli e!
Mau ke aloha, no FSM

PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PantyGnawer » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:12 am

This is all just so fricking absurd that I can't even take it seriously anymore. I will however, continue to make fun of it.

Galagafarians: Those who worship the seminal and classic video game Galaga.

purplegoddess

Postby purplegoddess » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:53 am

Why do I want him to "prove" he's a rasta?

For the same reasons StJB did, over a year ago.

If he can't answer basic questions, or debate theology he has no right to call himself a Rasta

StJB said:
So tell us, elijah. In what way do you have links to Africa--or more accurately--Ethiopia/Eritrea? Do you come from there? Does any of your family come from there? If so, do you hope to return to your motherland? If you can't answer any of these questions then you have no right to claim Rastafarianism as your religion.

Sorry, but smoking pot, having dreadlocks, & knowing all the words to the Bob Marley songs does not qualify.

and:

This guy keeps repeating the same shit over & over. No matter how much respect we show for the Rastafarian religion, he will keep on doing the broken record thing.

He seems to me like a bored white fella with a soap box & a thesaurus.

Elija: you never answered my earlier questions, so shall I take that as a no?

Rastafarianism, unlike Judaism, Christianity, and the extreme majority of other religions, was founded because of oppression (yeah the Jews were oppressed, but their religion existed before their oppression).

Unless you either know that oppression or you have some relation to it, then how dare you behave like such a patronising little prick toward those people who've fought for their human rights and thus--unlike you--have the right to call themselves Rastafarians?

Like I said--smoking pot, having dreadlocks, & knowing all the words to the Bob Marley songs doth not a Rastafarian make.

Bet you don't even know what the Red, Green, & Gold represents.

And he keeps evading it.

I note that his latest (and only, as far as I can see) reference to anything of Rasta "theology" is him calling us Babylonians.

And only after I referenced it first.

If he'd walked in here and said "I'm not a Rasta, but I take umbrage at your use of the word", he'd actually have a bit more of my respect, than a clown who CLAIMS to be a Rasta (or an Xtian, or a Muslim, or a Zorostrian), yet won't (or can't) actually be pinned down to finer points to the religion he purports to be representing.

Oh, and Ed to add: and also cos he pissed me off going back in and editing his posts AFTER I responded to him, and that makes me feel like poking the penguin a little bit ;) )

Robert Farrar Capon

Return to “Locked Posts”