"Religion" of Hate

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
lordpunkmonk
Mystic of Meatball
Posts: 2415
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:14 am
Location: outside your window
Contact:

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby lordpunkmonk » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:50 pm

I still don't understand how the hell we are unjust for making puns
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby elijah » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:58 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation
The term pastafarian implies that Rastafarianism is not a genuine religion. Though the injustice lies in its communication.

User avatar
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality
Posts: 9297
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:19 pm

elijah wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation
The term pastafarian implies that Rastafarianism is not a genuine religion. Though the injustice lies in its communication.

It does no such thing.

If anything, it implies that it is a real religion, since we are parodying it with a fake religion.

Your logic is backwards.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby elijah » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:27 pm

Yours is trigger happy, as I spoke only of the term which as you just admitted is a mockery/parody.

User avatar
lordpunkmonk
Mystic of Meatball
Posts: 2415
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:14 am
Location: outside your window
Contact:

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby lordpunkmonk » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:01 pm

you are a terrible listener and I am fairly sure you are certified for something.

pastafarian is only a PUN and the only reason it is based of the word rastafarian is because rasta rhymes with pasta that is ALL.

I will now repeat myself for clearity

pastafarian is only a PUN and the only reason it is based of the word rastafarian is because rasta rhymes with pasta that is ALL.
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby elijah » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:07 pm

FSMist's reasoning behind this pun remains as inconsequential to its communicative capacity as you are bigoted hatemongers.

User avatar
lordpunkmonk
Mystic of Meatball
Posts: 2415
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:14 am
Location: outside your window
Contact:

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby lordpunkmonk » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:47 pm

so you just don't care that it is a pun you are essentially saying that you are making a tantrum just for attention. In fact you, in all reality, wished that we were making fun of your religion.



I have reached a new level of disrespect for you
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby elijah » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Every wish of those who's religious validation is provided by injustice has been granted.

Dan (dat haole dude)
Stripmeister
Posts: 2181
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: under da wing of koloa nui..

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Dan (dat haole dude) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:36 pm

"every wish of those...has been granted"..since, i'm bundled in with the rest of this crew--does that mean my wishes to speak fluent Hawai'ian, pull a triple body-weight dead lift, and bodysurf a clean 12'(3.5m) wave are all going to be realized?? Elijah, i dunno how to thank you! You're paranoid delusional but so far as wish-fullfillment goes you are da (Rasta)man..& i mean that from the bottom of my crazy-baldhead heart.. :)
'Oli no au i na pono FSM e
E hau'oli na 'opio o FSM nei
'Oli e! 'Oli e!
Mau ke aloha, no FSM

User avatar
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants
Posts: 2444
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:17 pm
Location: Ask yer Mom.

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby PantyGnawer » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:09 am

Follow this link to see other Rastas telling our friend how pointless his endeavor is.

http://ehiopie.tribe.net/thread/00fa35d ... f51e7e4a7a

User avatar
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality
Posts: 9297
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:37 am

It's got to be pretty bad when LPM disrespects you, man. You must suck, a LOT.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II


Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

User avatar
lordpunkmonk
Mystic of Meatball
Posts: 2415
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:14 am
Location: outside your window
Contact:

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby lordpunkmonk » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:49 am

I was actually trying to go to the site and give them a link to this thread so they can see for themselves but it wouldn't let me register.
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

User avatar
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Robbobrob » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:59 am

Holy Macaroni....here, dude, I have the perfect solution....

When you can convince all of Christianity that it has disrepected Judaism by parodying it, then we can talk about one dumb word we almost share.

Otherwise.....SHOVE OFF YA SCURVY DOG!!
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby elijah » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:39 am

Dan (dat haole dude) wrote:does that mean my wishes to speak fluent Hawai'ian, pull a triple body-weight dead lift, and bodysurf a clean 12'(3.5m) wave are all going to be realized??

Faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains.
lordpunkmonk wrote:so you just don't care that it is a pun

It just doesn't negate its defamatory capacity, in fact it affirms it.
Robbobrob wrote:When you can convince all of Christianity that it has disrepected Judaism by parodying it, then we can talk about one dumb word we almost share.

That would not only be counterproductive as all of Christianity does not parody Judaism, as is taught in kindergarten, no Instance of abuse validates another.

User avatar
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: "Religion" of Hate

Postby Robbobrob » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:15 pm

elijah wrote:
Robbobrob wrote:When you can convince all of Christianity that it has disrepected Judaism by parodying it, then we can talk about one dumb word we almost share.

That would not only be counterproductive as all of Christianity does not parody Judaism, as is taught in kindergarten, no Instance of abuse validates another.

So you say....but the Jews feel MUCH differently on the subject, to the Jews: ALL OF CHRISTIANITY IS A MOCKERY OF THE PROPHACIES STILL TO BE REVEALED BY GOD, ie all the ones Christians say belong to Jesus....and all you have is us using a name that sounds similar to one you hold dear. Hardly a comparison of how lopsided they have been mocked as opposed to how you have been supposedly mocked.

time to grow up and put your big boy pants on, the world does not care how you feel, only you can make you offended and feel abused.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.


Return to “Locked Posts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests