GOSPEL OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER CLASSIFIED AS "HUMOR"

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Re: GOSPEL OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER CLASSIFIED AS "HUMOR"

Postby Tigger_the_Wing » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:Good work!

I got mine as a gift from the gf and was a bit disappointed that it was a paperback. I'd hoped for a binding similar to a king james bible.... :(

Mine's a hardback - with a ribbon! :D

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:18 pm

*Must. Restrain. Jealousy.*

:)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:

Omnimuffin
Ziti Zealot

Postby Omnimuffin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:
Scott the Pirate wrote:Good work!

I got mine as a gift from the gf and was a bit disappointed that it was a paperback. I'd hoped for a binding similar to a king james bible.... :(

Mine's a hardback - with a ribbon! :D

Mine's a pdf file!

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:34 pm

The hardback is the way to go: you can wave it about and point it at people when you're in 'manic street preacher' mode. It lacks the same gravitas when you're gesticulating with a paperback.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical and cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." Bill Hicks.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
"Are you OK?" daftbeaker (<-- very good question, people should ask it more often.)

Beware the Ides of June!

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:17 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:The hardback is the way to go: you can wave it about and point it at people when you're in 'manic street preacher' mode. It lacks the same gravitas when you're gesticulating with a paperback.

Or a flash drive.
Omnimuffin wrote:Mine's a pdf file!
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!

Rev. Brian
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: GOSPEL OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER CLASSIFIED AS "HU

Postby Rev. Brian » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:The hardback is the way to go: you can wave it about and point it at people when you're in 'manic street preacher' mode. It lacks the same gravitas when you're gesticulating with a paperback.

Sorry to necropost, but I just got my hardback version today and had to post about it.

It's an import though, so on the back the classification is listed as "humour" instead of "humor". :lol:

Even though the print looks black in the picture, that's just because of the flash, it's really gold leaf looking. So much nicer than the paperback.

I can see the fnords.

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:34 pm

While these are all valid concerns, and I do share them, might I cite the Loose Canon for a reasoning to this supposed disgrace:
Perhaps, in folly or not, these book shops simply did not read the cover, but just the back, where "humor" is written for a category? It may be no fault of theirs.
I also believe that they could have done so on purpose, or that the publisher did it on purpose, again, folly or not.
Did the great FSM not say,
The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:The FSM thought all of this was absolutely hilarious! He was now perpetually amused by the cultural differences between the two little folk. Why intervenes he thought. "This is just too damn funny. My long boredom has now ended. They can just duke it out."
(Mid III:24-29)
Obviously, the FSM loves few things more than a good laugh! Perhaps He did find it amusing in the extreme, perhaps because of how close we came to the truth, or how far from the truth it was, and did guide the publishers and book stores with His most saucy appendage to place it in the Humour section. Perhaps He was simply a little :drinking: :drunk: . Perhaps He did it as a sign, a signal, in order to provide the wiser of us with reason to believe that the book is overall incorrect. We cannot know His ways.
Perhaps the stores put it there to mock us.
In that case, REVOLT!!!
Disclaimer: I do not promote any violent action you may take as a result of reading this post, and the FSM, PBTHNA, dislikes violence in the name of our religion. We have never before committed violent acts in the name of the FSM. Don't be the first.
You've been warned :whip: .

Return to “Gospel of FSM Book Discussion”