If you follow this link: http://www.carters.ca/pub/bulletin/chur ... chlb09.htm you'll see the list of requirements for any denomination to be recognized.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else would be on board for getting recognized in Canada so that Pastafarians can officiate weddings and hold their own religious ceremonies. For anyone too lazy to check the link above here's the list of requirements:
Code: Select all
1. Appointment and Dismissal of Clergy: Please supply us with the by-laws or rules of your denomination, which clearly sets out how your clergy members are appointed and dismissed.
2. A copy of your denomination's rites and usages respecting solemnization of marriage. An actual copy of your marriage ceremony is required.5
3. A copy of the form of worship, namely actions or practices of displaying reverence or veneration paid to a being or power regarded as supernatural or divine displayed by appropriate acts, rites and ceremonies.
4. A registration package for each clergy is required to include:
i) a completed application;
ii) a copy of your ordination or proof of appointment;
iii) a letter of authorization from the governing official of your denomination permitting you to solemnize marriages according to that denomination's rites and usages.
5. A letter signed by three board members stating who will be the governing official for the denomination. The governing official will be responsible for keeping the records of all clergy registered under the denomination and report to the Registrar General any changes in status or addresses of clergy registered under their denomination.
6. A certified copy of the incorporation papers for your denomination is required. This will reflect the date and place of incorporation or founding of the religious body. A copy of your registration as a charity with Revenue Canada is also required.
7. A statement is required which reflects information about the congregation you will be serving. Please show the name and location of the church, and the number of members and adherents showing the extent and continuous growth. Include evidence that would indicate the length of time the denomination has been functioning inside or outside of Ontario.
8. A statement showing the organizational structure of your denomination explaining the procedure by which your governing official would be appointed or relieved of jurisdictional authority.
9. Signatures and addresses of at least 25 members of the denomination, excluding clergy and their families, petitioning us to register the denomination.