Tuesday Sermon: Idolatry

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

amouses
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Tuesday Sermon: Idolatry

Postby amouses » Mon May 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Dearest Brethren.

In view of the shameful terrorist events in Texas I have written this

https://majzel.blogspot.com/2015/05/tue ... latry.html

regards

marcus b.

Rigger Tony
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: Tuesday Sermon: Idolatry

Postby Rigger Tony » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Well done brother.
I had heard that the Koran does NOT condemn the portrayal of Mohammad. It's just not in there. I Googled it a bit and so far that seems to be the case.
A sad state of affairs indeed.
RAmen
"The Boss in in the sauce... and sometimes on it." Me.

RevPastina
Ziti Zealot

Postby RevPastina » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:48 am

Rigger Tony wrote:Well done brother.
I had heard that the Koran does NOT condemn the portrayal of Mohammad. It's just not in there. I Googled it a bit and so far that seems to be the case.
A sad state of affairs indeed.
RAmen

Correct. In the Bible & Quran there is only said that you should not make an idol to worship god, but there is nothing said about its prophets. Having said that, there ARE "hadiths", also called "Ecclesiastical letters" or "pope letters" for those that don't understand. THESE however forbid the portrayal of said pictures, and its based on THOSE letters that people start claiming things.

There is a LOT of things out there that have nothing to do with religion, but they all have to do with culture. And its the thin line between culture and religion that makes these kind of things really troublesome, and also the cause of much discrimination. Ignorance is key with religion. A good example is trying to enter parliament (or any public building) dressed as a real Pastarian (aka pirate outfit). If they know nothing about your religion, and demand that you leave, or refuse to let you in because of your outfit, start making a loud fuzz. If they complain about your outfit, tell how you feel discriminated based on your religion, and if they still refuse to let you in, call the anti-discrimination office and file an official complaint. Be sure though to let the press know and picks it up, because then people will more easily be persuaded to do your bidding than when you just yell and do nothing about it.

Monobaz
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Monobaz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:04 pm

It should perhaps be pointed out the hadith are sayings and traditions attributed to Muhammad and linked to him via reputedly trustworthy sources, (the operative word being “reputedly”). And it is the hadith which is used in conjunction with the Koran to furnish Muslims with broader insights applicable to every day circumstances. Unfortunately many of the hadith are proven fabrications written by opponents of the apparently not so pious but powerful Umayyad dynasty rulers. To draw an analogy with Christianity, verbal traditions such as the “Jesus sayings” would perhaps be more accurate than Ecclesiastical Letters. As one might expect the door is ajar in any case for mischief makers to invent hadith (or Jusus sayings) for their own politically motivated purposes.
"There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages." Ruth Hurmence Green

Return to “The Cause”