Quote out of context

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Re: Quote out of context

Postby TwistedSister » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Rain,sorry, but you are female???
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.

PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:31 pm

lordpunkmonk wrote:yeah the difference is that if a guy walks in a bar and sees a girl checking him out guys take it as a compliment and girls take it as an offensive thing.

If women got offended every time a man showed sexual interest in them, the human species would have died out a long time ago. Note that there's a difference between subtle signals of interest towards another, and out-and-out oogling.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré

lordpunkmonk
Mystic of Meatball

Postby lordpunkmonk » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:15 pm

Well hell, I am not talking all out oogling. I just think that if they work so hard on something, someone should appreciate it. I mean are we supposed to ignore the female gender? especially at a socializing environment such as a bar? and for some women the difference between sexual harassment and flirting is looks. note that I said some and not all because it is only a hand-full of girls that do that.
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Rainswept » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:54 pm

TwistedSister wrote:Rain,sorry, but you are female???

I am not. Nor am I gay. I have, however, been pursued by an interested gay man.

I'm a 200+ lb former paratrooper, and if a leer from a man can give ME the creeps, I can only guess how it would feel if I was a small woman who felt defenseless.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.

Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:49 am

I found it annoying but flattering none the less .
Ye just have put up with stuff like that when ye be sexy and ye do wot ye want .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering Black Bart
Remembering Pieces o' Nine
Remembering Rainswept

Rainswept

Postby Rainswept » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:30 am

You misunderstand, I'vve been flirted with etc plenty of times,there are levels.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:45 am

Rainswept wrote:You misunderstand, I'vve been flirted with etc plenty of times, I was a waiter for years and everyone flirts with waiters, usually just leaving phone numbers. All that's just flattering, but that's different from super creepy stare.

We're going way off topic here but this reminds me of a quite senior guy I used to work with and his comments about women in the office used to make my flesh crawl. It's bad enough in a social environment like a bar but in the office it can be really creepy.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby farfalla » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:51 am

***exscuse me**** - oogler coming through ......not the "out and out" kind - but the respectful - "Oh woww" kind

-----------------

personally I dress for me- usually cargo pants (stuff fits in lower pockets, I hate purses) and a variety of blouse, vests, sweaters - almost all sensual and/or in some way pleasing for me to touch/feel/look at. Also have a thing for hats (possibly genetic as we have several hat people in the family). I like my hair long because of how it feels when it touches me.

That being said - I also am aware and want to attract men who like the way I not only think, but look. I rather like the way I look and this body that I work at to be fit, thank you very much! I am a pretty great brain and it is number one with me and the men I value, but I am also the rest of me too.

(..psst - Mad Willy - ya mon - you be sexy, you old piratey reprobate :smile: )
~~~~~~/\~~~~~~

The heart has its reason, of which reason knows nothing. -Pascal - thanks, Z

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."
Cpt Jack Sparrow

"I'm used to going out at 3 in the morning and doing something stupid."
Alan Moore

Silk 'n mind

bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby bacon » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:08 am

i wear whatever suits my own mood best or whatever will allow me to infiltrate top secret facilities
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:33 pm

Elvalia wrote:I wonder if my patch is going to produce much this year...
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:

Rainswept

Postby Rainswept » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:25 pm

PKMKII wrote: Probably not, but it wouldn't be improbable.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Rainswept wrote:You have no idea how badly I wanted to be shot
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:42 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:her minister and i gunned them all down.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:39 am

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:

My girlfriend was one o' them Thai prostitutes
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:20 am

Scott the Pirate wrote:

Here's a quote for QOOC: "My mother bought me my first bling white jelly boots."

Return to “Games, Fun, and Jokes”