Is it only me... ???

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

T-Bags
Conchigliette Convert

Is it only me... ???

Postby T-Bags » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:43 am

...or does FSM show up often only in my electron micrographs? My data on subcuticular FSM in Echinoderms is extensive. Ask me about it someday.

here someone has failed to see the obvious noodly goodness sandwiched between inconsequential labels...

Has anyone else noticed that HE is always showing up in electron micrographs?

St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby St John the Blasphemist » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:33 am

Yes, most of us have noticed the presence of FSM's image in nature. As I and many others have stated, How many things in nature resemble an old guy with a beard, and how many resemble spaghetti & meatballs?

Even on a molecular level, so many more things correspond to the latter. If a God made us in his/her/its/hir image, then the aforementioned God should resemble the majority of images in nature.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Graven Images

p.s. please preview your posts so that those of us with a lowly 17" monitor don't have to scroll horizontally to read messages.

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!

T-Bags
Conchigliette Convert

Postby T-Bags » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:41 pm

Well, its more than a mere coincidence it seems to me. Especially when you consider that the systems I was looking at were metabolic in nature. When you think of it, it makes sense. Metabolism....carbohydrates are among the most easily metabolized foodstuffs. I was looking in specific regions where nutrients were absorbed from the environment...not unlike a heaping serving of spag.

The organs and tissues involved in the absorption are noodly themselves, an adaptive strategy to increasing surface area and hence intake.

Biologists need to be aware of this fact.
Has anyone else noticed that HE is always showing up in electron micrographs?

Thumper â„¢
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Thumper â„¢ » Thu May 03, 2007 4:08 am

But what about Octopussies...errr...Octopi...err...Octopuses...they bear an uncanny resemblance to the noodley one...as do certain shrubs... :shellfish:

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke » Thu May 03, 2007 2:11 pm

Wow, amazing! It's clear that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is speaking to the scientists of the world.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

Duke

Postby Duke » Tue May 08, 2007 2:44 pm

Go read the rules and the FAQ, or risk getting banned.

http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=675

http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3517

And, thank you for your concern, but I have an expansive and wonderful life.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

KC Observer
Mod

Postby KC Observer » Wed May 09, 2007 6:45 pm

Dear "guest",

Either:

A) contribute some intellectual conversation to the board,

B) quit posting,

Or

C) get banned from the board.

Your choice, just let us know....
The Pope

Duke

Postby Duke » Wed May 09, 2007 7:55 pm

That's the "I Am God" guy. He's "Guest" because he's already been banned.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Wed May 09, 2007 7:57 pm

I love my life! It's great not having a point, can doooo what I likes!

NeuroFreak
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: Is it only me... ???

Postby NeuroFreak » Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm

T-Bags wrote:...or does FSM show up often only in my electron micrographs? My data on subcuticular FSM in Echinoderms is extensive. Ask me about it someday.

here someone has failed to see the obvious noodly goodness sandwiched between inconsequential labels...

I actually noticed that last summer when I was looking at my friend's electron micrographs (of mouse synapses), there was lots of spaghetti...

at a larger scale, neurons in general remind me the noodly one :fsm_float:
"...the heavens are filled with rarefied, luminous spaghetti..." - Vonnegut

Banditopants
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Banditopants » Wed May 09, 2007 11:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:This is blasphemy.
You all need lives.

End of story.
Flying Spaghetti Monster dammit! he's been on this thread too!?!? :x

Duke

Postby Duke » Thu May 10, 2007 2:47 am

Well, lemme just say, he won't be on any more, if you catch my meaning, dont'cha know.

Hey, don't look at me, it wasn't me.

But I'm glad you aren't so much like your friend, in terms of what you post here.

Duke

P.S. Neat avatar! Although just a leetle violent...

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

Finrod
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Finrod » Thu May 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Not to worry, we'll be cleaning out the trash (you) soon I'm sure. I see a "persona non grata" in your future trollish one.
"The avalanche has begun, the pebbles do not get a vote." Ambassador Kosh of the Vorlon Empire

"The universe is made up of three elements, matter, energy, and enlightened self interest."

Duke

Postby Duke » Thu May 10, 2007 2:39 pm

4th Scrin wrote:
You guys really need to work on how people Register on these forums...

You're right, we do. Sooner or later we'll work it out so people like you can't get in. :roll:

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

cityzen451
Conchigliette Convert

Postby cityzen451 » Thu May 10, 2007 2:47 pm

I hang my head in shame I did this, I'm gonna burn sob sob http://www.cityzen451.co.uk/FSM.htm

thous shalt not worship another god before me, or create an image or likeness. Idolatry!!

blasphemy oops I did sorry, I will burn for this sin, oops :mrgreen:
what does this button do? Who turned the lights out? Cause and effect isn't for everyone.

Return to “All Things FSM”