School Paper on Heroes: DD?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

School Paper on Heroes: DD?

Postby Aeger » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:25 pm

I haven't said much in a while (several months), so I'll suffer ye veteran chaps still around to remember me and take heart in me plight and read the unnecessarily long message below.

I, unfortunately, am still bound by the endless slave driver that is the United States School System, which has just given me an assignment which many who are now safely out of it's clutches will no doubt remember: write a paper about a hero who existed in the last 50 years, regardless of how well they are known to the public. This is, of course, based off of our studies of the works of Martin Luther King, who embodies heroism and all that jazz.

Being the pious Pastafarian that I am I immediately thought of the FSM and all of it's noodly gifts. Unfortunately, all paper subjects must be human, so I decided to ask the greatest repository of Pastafarian knowledge: this esteemed forum.

People I have brainstormed so far are our esteemed, or not so much, depending on your point of view, creator the Prophet Bobby; Auntie Dee Dee and... uh... actually, that's it.

So I call all ye hearty mates who read this to either suggest an alternate heroic, real, FSM rooted figure, or to help me out with the above two by pointing out anecdotes which example their heroism.

Thanks from the bottom of my noodle touched heart, I shall look forward to reading this tomorrow

Post-script: Remember that heroism isn't necessarily death-defying or world changing, simply standing up to a flamer, or leaving a forum when you feel the time is right can be enough to make you a hero.

:worship:
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you

lordpunkmonk
Mystic of Meatball

Postby lordpunkmonk » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:39 am

well I once quoted myself over a hundred times you can find this over in spam war
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 am

As did I, punk... As did I.

I mean, I quoted you.

@ author - Well, what about your resident fervent Pastafarian?

Or a modern pirate?

The possibilities are endless...
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image

Hippie Pirate
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Hippie Pirate » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:45 pm

~NoodleDemon~ wrote:
Or a modern pirate?

but please, none of the sissy modern pirates, keep it real. None a that machine gun and speedboat thing, that just be not pirate enough to be called a real pirate.
Reducing global warming since 1989.

Rev Points at the moment = 4

lordpunkmonk
Mystic of Meatball

Postby lordpunkmonk » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:02 am

maybe even a religious icon such as long john silver or davy jones
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

Breed Them Out
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Breed Them Out » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:15 pm

If I were you, I would write about the homeless pirate down the street living under the bridge without candy to give to children and his struggles of life. and his smell.
Sometimes your mom likes it when I slap her around.

Return to “All Things FSM”