Sports

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Re: Sports

Postby PKMKII » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:53 pm

I love the description of the culprit:

The man who threw the bottle was described as white, 5ft 11in tall and of heavy build. He was wearing green clothing and possibly a white beanie hat.

So, basically every Celtic fan?
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:50 pm

NYCFC wins their first home game, beating New England Revolution 2-0.

Also, our uniforms are just about identical to Man City:

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré

gronank
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby gronank » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:23 pm

But it is Addidas instead of Nike as sponsor, that makes all the difference, (don't it?).
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Baseball season is upon us once more.

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Sox win, Yanks lose. The way it should be.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Mets are on an 11 game winning streak, tying the franchise record. Tomorrow they go to the Bronx to try and break the record against the Great Satan.

Also, Lagares is a fielding god.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Wed May 27, 2015 7:45 pm

gronank
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby gronank » Thu May 28, 2015 10:02 am

They were always in deep doo-doo, just that few complained about the smell.
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Fri May 29, 2015 5:19 pm

I think some did complain - they just weren't listened to.

The BBC did a documentary on FIFA corruption about a decade ago.

I notice Sepp Blatter is trying to claim that he knew nothing about it. It's like he's trying to channel that policeman in Casablanca "I'm shocked, shocked to find that corruption is going on in here".

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:57 pm

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Every time I see his name I hear Hugh Dennis doing a German accent :idiot:
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Big sports day:

American Pharaoh wins the Belmont Stakes, becoming first horse to win the Triple Crown since 1978.

Serena Williams wins French Open. Becomes only the third woman in history to win 20 or more Grand Slams.

Barcelona wins the UEFA champions league. Ties Liverpool and Bayern Munich at 3rd on the all-time league winners list.

Tampa Bay ties up the Stanley Cup finals with Chicago.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:46 pm

Sepp Blatter under criminal investigation

Swiss criminal proceedings against the President of FIFA, Mr. Joseph Blatter, have been opened on 24 September 2015 on suspicion of criminal mismanagement

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:48 pm

Ummm.... da 69er's sayd dat da Astralyun wugby starrr , Jarrid Haine , mite onlee b onna bench wen dey pway agenst da Carrdanulls in dere nex gaem . I fink da 69er's iss gunna loose . Meenwile , in Astralya larss nite Hawfhorn giff dem Wess Astralyun mob a footbrawl lessen , rrrr . :lurk:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:Ummm.... da 69er's sayd dat da Astralyun wugby starrr , Jarrid Haine , mite onlee b onna bench wen dey pway agenst da Carrdanulls in dere nex gaem . I fink da 69er's iss gunna loose . Meenwile , in Astralya larss nite Hawfhorn giff dem Wess Astralyun mob a footbrawl lessen , rrrr . :lurk:

What do you think about the Rugby World CUp, horrible child? :haha:
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

Return to “Miscellaneous Discussion”