Fake 2nd edition

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

ChowMein
Brewmeister

Re: Fake 2nd edition

Postby ChowMein » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:02 am

buttlicking22 wrote:
The Dark Noodle wrote:As Eric seems to be unaware that some of the pen names he is still including are the alias of others, he admits have not given consent, on a scale of 1 to 10, I would say his pants on fire rating is at least 11.

I'm just basing it off of what he told me. Either he is lying or Cardinal Fang is lying. I'll probably never know for sure.

But but buttlicker , you are Eric and juice and nancy and all the rest , so you are well aware that your pants are on fire .

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:52 pm

For reference - it is irrelevent that he (supposedly) has permission from some of the authors, because he does not have permission from the Council of the Olive Garden, who are the compilers, moderators, and publishers of the Loose Cannon. As such, he is stealing the work.

Next excuse?

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:42 am

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:
buttlicking22 wrote:
The Dark Noodle wrote:As Eric seems to be unaware that some of the pen names he is still including are the alias of others, he admits have not given consent, on a scale of 1 to 10, I would say his pants on fire rating is at least 11.

I'm just basing it off of what he told me. Either he is lying or Cardinal Fang is lying. I'll probably never know for sure.

Cardinal Fang is as likely to lie as I am to sprout wings and fly to Jupiter. You can take that to the bank. Whitfield is lying.

I'm sorry could you just clarify this last point for me? How likely ARE you to sprout wings and fly to Jupiter? I mean, it'd be nice to have a number. Maybe 3.1415926583etcetera?
Also my (personal and private) printed version of The Loose Canon should be arriving soon! Reading is fine and dandy online, but something is different about having a nice, hardcover copy in your hands. I don't know what it is, but it just feels better.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Written a scathing 1-star review along the lines of 'The publisher is a thief!'

I would urge other writers to do likewise.

rrrrr

da ye :moon:
erwik canon feef :nefyoobash:
rrrr :moon:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Yeah I'm having issues with finding a site that will let me print 1 and not 25 copies . . . I'm also busy with midterms at the moment, so my nice, hardcover issue might be a little more than late in coming . . .
On the bright side, I can buy stuff again!
You know that thing when someone gets you a present and tells you it's in the mail, and then you don't want to buy something you've had your eye on for a while in case it ends up being exactly what the person got you?
Yeah, me too.
Anyways that just happened over the course of about a month and I am now the proud owner of a copy of the Gospel! Yay! :zen: :fsm_rock: :drinking: :love: :grin: :cool: :pirate_fish: :fsm: :fsm_float: :fsm_yarr: :worship: :twisted: :bounce: :jack: *

*If the humongous combination of happy-seeming smilies above confused you, you probably aren't alone. Or an alien.

The Dark Noodle
Fusilli Fuselier
Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

Postby The Dark Noodle » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:52 pm

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:Yeah I'm having issues with finding a site that will let me print 1 and not 25 copies . . . I'm also busy with midterms at the moment, so my nice, hardcover issue might be a little more than late in coming . . .
On the bright side, I can buy stuff again!
You know that thing when someone gets you a present and tells you it's in the mail, and then you don't want to buy something you've had your eye on for a while in case it ends up being exactly what the person got you?
Yeah, me too.
Anyways that just happened over the course of about a month and I am now the proud owner of a copy of the Gospel! Yay! :zen: :fsm_rock: :drinking: :love: :grin: :cool: :pirate_fish: :fsm: :fsm_float: :fsm_yarr: :worship: :twisted: :bounce: :jack: *

*If the humongous combination of happy-seeming smilies above confused you, you probably aren't alone. Or an alien.

I printed mine on my home Printer and put it in a ring binder, if you want something a little flasher, do you not have a local print shop that you can walk in with a copy on a USB stick and they will print and bind a one off copy?
The Dark Noodle
AKA - The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Piraticus 12:1-3
I gave you brains, the ability to reason, and free will for a reason.
Please use them.
If I say something dumb, question it.
http://www.loose-canon.info/ - A really Important Collection of Words.

The Dark Noodle
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby The Dark Noodle » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:14 am

Roy Hunter wrote:Is that a Quad II? Nice! KT66s?

Yes, made around 1962 with GEC cup getter KT66s also from the early 60s
Vintage Hifi and The FSM, the two big passions of my life
The Dark Noodle

Please use them.

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:18 am

The Dark Noodle wrote:do you not have a local print shop that you can walk in with a copy on a USB stick and they will print and bind a one off copy?

Not that I'm aware of, no. And besides, I can't drive, and I live in the middle of nowhere in relation to stores. I mean, to be frank, in the years I've been alive (My age=a, a>10, a<20) we've had exactly 2 trick-or-treaters come to our house. And really they should count as one, because they were twins and came at the same time.
Good idea, though. And I think I've found my site, just gotta make sure I hammer out the details and don't end up missing the fine print.

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:57 pm

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:
The Dark Noodle wrote:do you not have a local print shop that you can walk in with a copy on a USB stick and they will print and bind a one off copy?

Not that I'm aware of, no. And besides, I can't drive, and I live in the middle of nowhere in relation to stores. I mean, to be frank, in the years I've been alive (My age=a, a>10, a<20) we've had exactly 2 trick-or-treaters come to our house. And really they should count as one, because they were twins and came at the same time.
Good idea, though. And I think I've found my site, just gotta make sure I hammer out the details and don't end up missing the fine print.

It sounds like you live in my neighborhood. Central Maine, a town called Slightly West Of The Middle Of Nowhere.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

The Dark Noodle
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby The Dark Noodle » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:12 pm

StayThirstyMyAguila wrote:Not that I'm aware of, no. And besides, I can't drive, and I live in the middle of nowhere in relation to stores. I mean, to be frank, in the years I've been alive (My age=a, a>10, a<20) we've had exactly 2 trick-or-treaters come to our house. And really they should count as one, because they were twins and came at the same time.

Try a search for companies that print student theses and dissertations, they will do a single copy. Somewhere like http://phdbookbinding.com/ maybe able to help.
The Dark Noodle

Please use them.

StayThirstyMyAguila
Definitely not Eric

Postby StayThirstyMyAguila » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 am

Wow, that actually helps! Nice and cheap too... one of the companies I tried offered a $19 hardcover. Technically, I got the book I wanted when I got a quote, but the shipping was over $20. For one 6 by 9 inch book. Seriously, how many stamps does that need :facewall: ? It didn't even need foil stamps...
Anyways, this is very much appreciated. I feel this will definitely get me the result I want. Thanks! :bounce: :worship:

EDIT: Nevermind. They want about $40 for the book itself, and $60 for the 200 pages in it.
Screw that. Also, I don't have that many Visa Vanilla Gift Cards. The shipping and book together on that other site cost less than the book on this one, not counting the pages.

Return to “Scripture and Lore”